Table numbers are one of the things that we always struggle with for photoshoots. Like us, most people just don’t think about them when they’re planning a wedding and they end up with generic numbered cards.
These bottles are really easy and inexpensive way to not only help guests find their seats, but also to give them something to do while they’re at their tables.
Materials You’ll Need
- Empty wine bottles (in several shapes and sizes)
- Chalboard Spray Paint (about $5 a can at Home Depot)
1. Remove the labels completely from the bottles. I soaked my bottles in warm soapy water and then scrubbed them off. If you have a really persistent label, try using Goof Off or something similar.
2. Coat the (dry) bottles in about 4 coats of paint. It dries pretty quickly and I was able to give the bottles another coat every 10 minutes.
3. Let the bottles dry for 24 hours before you write on them with chalk. You could just write a number on each bottle and allow guests to sign their names, add illustrations or play games such as tic-tac-toe. You could also include little fun facts about yourselves and ask the guests to share. If you’re artistic and you have a solid vision for the look of your wedding, you could include illustrations on the bottles to match the decor.
After the Wedding
These bottles look great clustered together on shelves and mantles. You can also use them as vases and candle holders. If you’re going to use the bottles for decoration after your wedding, make sure you spray an art fixative on top to preserve the designs.
Photos by Krista A. Jones