We’re always looking for cute accessories to incorporate into your wedding details & one of our fabulous summer interns – Katherine – put together a step by step DIY for creating fabric flowers! Whether these are sprinkled along a guest table or sewn to a cute flower girl headband, there are so many ways to incorporate this project into your big day!
- Cut a strip of fabric that is about two inches thick and no shorter than 18 inches long. (the longer the strip of fabric the bigger the rose)
- Fold the whole strip of fabric in half like a taco.
- Fold the fabric in half again like a taco.
- Tightly start to role the fabric until it is about as big as your thumbnail.
- Put a spot of hot glue to seal the roll.
- Now twist and fold the fabric around the roll to make it mimic pedals. Secure every other fold with a dot of glue. It is all right if your fabric unfolds a bit but try to keep it at least folded in half.
- When you are done glue the last flap of fabric to the bottom of the rose.
- Ta-da! You’re all done!
Photos by Katherine Morris