You may have a few flowerpots lying around as the weather gets colder and why let them go to waste, when you could add a touch of color to your wedding, shower or party with some fabric covered terra cotta pots! They are perfect as center pieces, or just to hold some pens for the guest book table.
- Terra Cotta Pots
- Mod Podge
- Cut the fabric to be about 8 inches wider than the height of the pot. This will give you four inches of extra fabric on the bottom and four on the top.
- Mod podge the whole pot outside of the pot and the bottom and 4 inches down the inside.
- Then firmly press the fabric onto the pot making it stick to the Mod Podge. As you put the fabric on, use more Mod Podge on the outside of the pot. It will dry clear!
- At the seam fold the fabric to make a smooth hem and Mod Podge it to the other side of the fabric.
- Fold the bottom and the top to side to the pot and put extra Mod Podge to keep them from coming up. You may even want to use a hot glue gun to ensure the seem, top, and bottom don’t flap open.