We’re so excited to share this nautical DIY rope vase with you today! These vases look awesome clustered together and make beautiful centerpieces for a wedding reception! If finding enough coffee cans to make vases for each table is too overwhelming, you could also make these to hold flowers on your gift, guest book or dessert table!
- Coffee Cans with labels removed or spray painted to be a solid color
- Rope (uncut)
- Hot Glue
- A glass jar to hold water for floral arrangements
- 1 & 2. Hot glue the end of your rope to the bottom of the can and begin wrapping the rope tightly around the can. I added a bit of hot glue every 4 inches or so and pressed the rope down.
- 3. Continue wrapping until you reach the top of the can.
- 4 & 5.Trim the rope and hot glue the edge of the rope to the can so it doesn’t stick out.
- 6. Place a jar in the can to keep it from rusting or leaking water. My cans didn’t feel sturdy enough to hold water. The vase also helps contain the flowers and allows you to use less flowers.
Photos by Krista A. Jones