A few months ago, I fell in love with a gorgeous Shimmering Sign from BHLDN and wanted to create something similar for the bar at my wedding! Something fun and easy to DIY that would add a little bit of pizazz on a budget!
I can honestly attest, as a girl who usually avoids sharp objects like X-Acto blades, this DIY was incredibly easy! And, in honor of the Superbowl this weekend, I’m wearing my Ravens Jersey for added luck!
Happy Crafting & Go Ravens!
- Glitter Paper from the Craft Store
- A Stencil or Block Letter
- X-Acto Knife
- Hole Punch
- Lace Ribbon
1) Using the back of the glitter paper, trace the border and holes within the letter with a pencil. Remember to trace the letter backwards so that when you cut the letter out, the glitter side is the front.
2) Carefully using an X-Acto Blade, cut out the letter.
3) Using a hole punch, carefully create one or two holes in the top of each letter! We recommend two holes to help keep the letter in place once it’s strung.
4) Run the ribbon through the holes in each letter and you’re finished!