Allison Barnhill Designs is known for beautiful wedding paper goods, but what if we told you that Allison is pretty handy with a paintbrush too? Today she’s sharing a DIY from her recent Bridal Bon Voyage styled shoot with Carly Fuller Photography. If you haven’t had the chance to see the shoot yet, be sure to check it out here!
4×4 cork squares
Flat head paint brush
Acrylic paint in your colors (3 recommended)
Optional: gold twine and nautical charm
1. Determine what nautical flag design you want to replicate on your coaster. You could do the new last initial of the bride/groom or their first initials. To see the nautical flag chart, use this link.
2. Using the masking tape, tape off the area that you do NOT want to paint.
3. Then, pick the color paint for the area of the coaster you do want to paint. TIP: Paint away from the edge of the masking tape. If you paint up and into the masking tape, the paint could bleed under the edge.
4. Let the paint dry for about fifteen minutes and then remove masking tape.
5. Once the paint has thoroughly dried tape off the next area and repeat the paint process.
6. Allow your coasters to dry overnight and tie together with gold twine and a cute nautical charm.