I’ve been helping clients plan their perfect getaways with Dream Escape Travel for 10 years and love helping couples plan and live their dream honeymoons! All honeymooners share the same desire- an amazing trip planned as though they had an endless budget. After the sticker shock of the overwater bungalow in Bora Bora, their hope for a tropical honeymoon is usually gone. But I assure the couple they can have a dream honeymoon at any budget! When honeymooners want a luxury destination with white sand beaches, beautiful sunsets, and exotic surroundings, I recommend Mexico or Jamaica! Both locations have surged in tourism in the past 10 years, but this doesn’t mean they are over populated with tourists. There are multiple tourist areas at each destination & plenty of resorts that offer privacy at an economical price.
This time last year I had a bride who wanted to delay her honeymoon due to budget constraints. Her heart was set on Sandals La Toc St. Lucia and they were planning on delaying their honeymoon until the money was saved. The bride’s idea of a perfect honeymoon was an all-inclusive that offered butler service, plenty of restaurants & bars, set on a private beach without any other resorts nearby & activities to do off resort grounds. I told her she could have everything she dreamed of for a much more economical price outside of St. Lucia. Together, we settled on a resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica where all of her desires were met for a third of the price!! The couple loved every moment of their honeymoon and were able to save money for a return anniversary trip.
Top 5 Reasons why Mexico and Jamaica make great honeymoon destinations:
- AMAZING modern resorts! Both locations offer high end, luxury all-inclusive and boutique hotels that cater to honeymooners. Mexico offers Secrets, El Dorado, and Excellence Resorts while Jamaica offers Sandals, Secrets, and Couples Resorts. Each individual resort has its own identity and various amenities. You will definitely find all you are looking for at one of these resorts.
- Beautiful beaches! Both locations offer resorts with long stretches of white sandy beaches that allow you to walk for miles… Or resorts tucked in private coves, where you can lounge by the beach with cliffs creating your own private beach.
- There is plenty to do off the resort in both countries. While relaxing on the beach is always an option, there are tons of activities to take advantage of nearby. Mexico offers great snorkeling, Mayan Ruins along the Riviera Maya, cave diving, and so much more. Jamaica has zip lining, river rafting, and Dunn’s River Falls. Both are great for adventure seekers!
- Direct flights! There are direct flights from BWI & Dulles to both locations. This is huge especially in summer when storms delay flights.
- Resorts close to the airport. For shorter honeymoons, this is perfect- you don’t lose an entire day driving through the island to the resort. Both destinations have luxury resorts 20 minutes from the airport. There is no more perfect way to start your honeymoon than with a short drive to the resort to be greeted with champagne and a cold towel.
The natural beauty, luxurious amenities, and economical price point of these destinations made Mexico and Jamaica our clients top 2 choices in 2012. You can have an amazing honeymoon in Mexico and Jamaica!